Tuesday, April 26, 2011

United head to Germany

We travel to Germany looking for a victory, but we should settle with a few away goals to take to Old Trafford next week. I do not usually look at the stats, but I could not ignore that Sir Alex Ferguson has never won in Germany, so this will be a good time to start, and if you think that makes our chances look bleak we are also without our top scorer Berbatov, but I don't believe that will affect the way we play as Rooney and Hernandez have really started to tick.
Hernandez ( Left) will replace Berbatov ( Right)
If somebody told me at the beginning of the season that we would play Schalke in the Champions Leauge semi-final I would have thought they were pulling my leg, but here they are. They beat Valencia and Inter to be here and fully deserve their spot here. Their revelation player is Raul, who everyone thought would be a sub and play maybe 30 minutes the whole season, but he has been on fire! And is really enjoying his football. He is the top scorer in the champions league and Edwin has called for his defenders to keep an eye on him

Veltins Arena is the stadium that will stage the match
Sir Alex has said that he is expecting a "roller-coaster ride". I share the opinion of most football pundits in saying we should not let them play on the counter as many of the goals they scored against Inter where counter attacks. I watched their game against Inter and I really, really wanted Inter Milan to win because their football suits Manchester's style of Football. Ralf Rangnick, Manager of Schalke, said that their hunger could see them through, but just because you want something doesn't mean you should get it.




Coach Time
As I said before I believe we should let them attack us at the start of the match, because then WE can hit THEM on the counter ( ironic). 20 minutes in we should switch to our more attacking formation with Scholes getting behind Rooney and Hernandez moving more up the field. Giggs won't last 90 minutes and when Nani comes on the game will be won because Nani's speed against their tired Right-Back will make a massive difference. Predicted Score I believe we could settle for a 2-2 draw, but I believe our experience will show and we will win 3-1. But, we have to let them attack, because they have to score, NOT US. and when we realize this, we can play our football.
Raul will face tough opposition in the form of Vidic.

No comments:

Post a Comment